TAMIYA MINI 4WD FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TAMIYA MINI 4WD FORUM

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Members

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Members Empty New Members Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:35 pm

QuestionFreak

Im a new member and apparently i want to return playing mini 4wd again. i was shocked to see too many rules. are those rules aligned to japan or international rules or it has been modified to become house rules. if the rules were that too many and miticulous then perhaps many players from the past specially here in the philippines would not want to go back to game.

please give some advice folks

2New Members Empty i even noticed Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:52 pm

QuestionFreak

i even noticed that the mini 4wd in an event there in jmac would likely to have the same set up really same setup. everyone has the same looks and i think it will be just the luck that will set the difference. plus the rules restricts the players to end up to the same setup. MS pro are not allowed due to its double shaft motors, the only difference between double shaft and single shaft is the speed so why not use ms pro? what if the future is this. will you still use the old chasis? or will you stop playing? tamiya is all about innovation and creativity, i can't see the creativity. i recently came from japan last 2008 and see an event in which ms pro are used the japanese people were so creative and their cars looks so bad ass then in malaysia a year ago i find it interesting watching and joining races wherein the conventional chasis and ms pro are allowed there you can see that the diffrence between cars is the innovations of the owners and not the restrictions of the game?

Note: no offencement i just want some answers im very bored and i want to play mini 4wd again. pls give some advice Sad

3New Members Empty Re: New Members Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:55 pm

QuestionFreak

QuestionFreak wrote:i even noticed that the mini 4wd in an event there in jmac would likely to have the same set up really same setup. everyone has the same looks and i think it will be just the luck that will set the difference. plus the rules restricts the players to end up to the same setup. MS pro are not allowed due to its double shaft motors, the only difference between double shaft and single shaft is the speed so why not use ms pro? what if the future is this. will you still use the old chasis? or will you stop playing? tamiya is all about innovation and creativity, i can't see the creativity. i recently came from japan last 2008 and see an event in which ms pro are used the japanese people were so creative and their cars looks so bad ass then in malaysia a year ago i find it interesting watching and joining races wherein the conventional chasis and ms pro are allowed there you can see that the diffrence between cars is the innovations of the owners and not the restrictions of the game?

Note: no offencement i just want some answers im very bored and i want to play mini 4wd again. pls give some advice Sad
sorry i mean the difference in ms pro motors and the usual motor is just the shaft. the speeds are the same thats why they name it the same they just used the word pro to determine which is the one with double shafts

4New Members Empty Re: New Members Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Thunder Shot

Thunder Shot

sir the said rule is very simple to understand. the rule is just for your info to follow and to learn the right way to setup the chassis in the Technical Trax race. chassis for technical & Complex format use is super1/2, fm, tz, tzx, vs, x, xx only. if there is a Ms Pro Technical race format here only Ms Pro chassis is only allowed. and about your question in the old chassis and ms pro chassis that is a different race category and allowed in the race open format. we just follow the race rule in order to know and to join the race.

5New Members Empty Re: New Members Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:17 pm

umpadumps

hello and good day sir/mam,

I may not be credible enough to answer all of your queries how ever i will try my best to.

first and foremost, I too was a returnee from the tamiya 1999-2000 mini 4wd craze here in the Philippines and i somewhat felt the same about the lacking innovative factor that tamiya mni4wd has back then compared to what it has today in our country. How ever, it is not really an issue. Consider the fact that our hobby is indeed an old one hence, racers have formulated a set up ideal for a certain tracks w/c is indeed proven effective but mind you that the set up that they have formulated is still having progress and innovation its just that there is a standard being followed by racers.

On the issue with regards to the rules and regulations. Most of the rules are from the Japan rules but as far as i know, there are several in house rules applied to protect the tracks and to prevent cheating. There is a big difference with innovation and cheating. To elaborate further, let me give you an example

a chassis painted with a rubberized textile paint with trimmed tires with a diameter so low intended so that the chassis will rub on the tracks to give extra brakes. we can call this innovation but its plain cheating.

with respect on M.S. pro there will be a lot of people who might question you that they are the same with the old chassis and motors. the only thing i can say about this is that a lot of racers who wants to start may have difficulty with regards the pricing of the ms pro kit plus the ms pro kit is built for soft speed and we are playing tech but i know there are soft speed races on where you can use your ms pro kits.

in the end i still urge you to race you may go with your setup that is different from what is commonly used right now but be it noted that you must follow the standard japan rule in terms of width, height, weight, position of rollers and etc.

i assure you that you will find the same level of fun factor and a higher level of competition.

O HA!

6New Members Empty To Mr. Thundershot Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:27 pm

QuestionFreak

To Mr. Thundershot

Yes indeed the rules are very simple even idiots could comprehend it Thank You Very Much Mister. by the way i just researched some details about MS pro and figured out that the setup was entirely different from the conventional chassis and might be hard for racers to pursue an open races allowing ms pro chassis even thought speeds are the same. again mr. thundershot thank you for the adviceperhaps i could not join the race if i do not follow the rules.

7New Members Empty To: Mr. umpadumps Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:02 pm

QuestionFreak

To: Mr. umpadumps (nice name BTW)

First of all Thank you for a very comprehensive advise! and please believe that you are credible enough to elaborate and explain things to me. cheers

between innovation and cheating thats a very good point and good enough why some organizers setup those modification in rules. with respect to your example. (1)why is it most of you trim the tires? (2)is it true that most racers innovate for cheating? (3) where can i buy breaksets? i mean brand new breaksets lil's futaba trinoma park square and megamall doesnt have their stocks? (4) what advices can you give or alternatives for brakesets aside from the grey one?

with regards to MS pro as i have said i researched on it and figured out that the car setups are very different from the conventional one. with the same motor speed ms pro's parts are different, the kits are expensive, and racers would find it hard to adjust to the setup, with few restrictions i am customizing an MS pro chasis for tech circuits and i'll be playing it to see if its competitive.

as for the rules i know i cannot join the tech races with MS pro chassis but i am really curios building one with a torque tuned pro or atomic pro. "please tell your insights with regards to MS pro on techs." i would love to hear from you.

i dont intend to bring my recent setups i would gladly adjust for the rules and make the most applicable setup for my FM chassis i beleive on what you have said that it is tested and effective, but i believe also that it is also in progress. and aligned with the rules we racers can still improve and be at our topmost level

i am a very simple person and i am truly satisfied seeing my car that competitive with different style. my goal is not to win races but to see many players this hobby and seeing different car setups from different racers. Again thanks

8New Members Empty Re: New Members Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Thunder Shot

Thunder Shot

Sir QuestionFreak Thank you for understanding the rules for Tamiya Mini 4wd Technical chassis setup. im willing to help and share to you the proper chassis setup of our mini 4wd or ms pro. try to join us on our week end race at JMN'S Racing Center. i hope to see you there. Wink

9New Members Empty Re: New Members Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:01 pm

umpadumps

#1. i.m.o. trimmed tires are used for the stability of the car in jumps. the stock tires are too thick that after the jump, it may bounce out of the tracks.

also you can calibrate the speed and control of your car with the trimmed tires. mind you that a .1 change in the tire diameter would increase or decrease the car's performance.

#2. I always tell my self to always give the benefit of the doubt so my answer would be no. However the chances that they may not cheat is like... maybe a snake eyes in a game of dice?

#3. brake set?

calling sir ivy, sir aero.
check this thread

there are also breaksets being sold at the moment somewhere at harisson plaza you just have to go there and find out.. before it goes out of stock again

other options would be online buying

#4. aside from the gray brake set, you can use the brakes from the sliding damper as for an alternative. you can buy them cheap from people who doesn't use them instead of buying a new one (history tells that they used the black brake set from the sliding damper before the gray become a trend so... the black may is still effective)

so there you have it... you just have to tweak the set up and see for your self which is better and compete with it! Smile

umpadumps (nice name BTW)
dude... don't scare me...... hahaha kidding Razz only a few people appreciates that handle name hahaha Very Happy

sir joey! may +1 na kami sa newbie team to challenge the veterans! Very Happy

10New Members Empty Re: New Members Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:01 pm

QuestionFreak

Hi eyeryone! Thanks for all the advice. i hope i could visit your shop soon i've got the basic things needed for setup. i'll be needing few things like the trimmed tires and brake sets. for now i think ill be using alternatives. i wish i could visit you shop soon thanks for the advice. BTW found my brocken G fom my treasure box (OLD ANTIQUE BOX) LOL!

11New Members Empty Re: New Members Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:56 pm

umpadumps

you are always welcome sir! see you at the racing center Smile

12New Members Empty Re: New Members Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:52 pm

Thunder Shot

Thunder Shot

QuestionFreak wrote:Hi eyeryone! Thanks for all the advice. i hope i could visit your shop soon i've got the basic things needed for setup. i'll be needing few things like the trimmed tires and brake sets. for now i think ill be using alternatives. i wish i could visit you shop soon thanks for the advice. BTW found my brocken G fom my treasure box (OLD ANTIQUE BOX) LOL!

pic's naman sa oto mo.

13New Members Empty Re: New Members Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:04 pm

QuestionFreak

New Members 20110620211045

this was all i've got i found my fm chassis but the plastic is as crunchy as ever pheeeeww....

i think i have to start all over again and not with this VS chassis and stock rollers. i found no more usable items and the aero rollers have been sold by someone. do some of you sell parts? tires, rollers, and brakesets? the sliding damper brakesets are too high.

14New Members Empty Re: New Members Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:31 pm

umpadumps

scroll up, i think i posted a link where you can buy.. a lot of racers here are also selling stuffs Smile

also sir thunder shot is selling stuffs too Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum